Definición de Amorite en inglés:
A member of a semi-nomadic people living in Mesopotamia, Palestine, and Syria in the 3rd millennium bc, founders of the ancient city of Mari on the Euphrates and the first dynasty of Babylon.
- The people who took over the Amorites were the Hittites.
- After the Bronze Age, Amorites, Western Semites, Hyksos and Hittites successively invaded the area.
- This new empire lasted until roughly 2000 when pressure from the Elamites and Amorites reached its culmination with the capture and devastation of Ur.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Amorites.
- A full cite should be given from verses 13-15: ‘They set out from there and camped alongside the Arnon, which is in the desert extending into Amorite territory.’
- The Code of Laws of Hammurabi, Amorite king of Babylon, indicates that there were laws safeguarding arrangements between parents and employed wet nurses - probably one of the earliest examples of employment legislation.
- The occasion of the long day was during a battle between the combined armies of the five Amorite kings and the army of Israel, early in the campaign.
Definición de Amorite en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan