- An order of chiefly marine crustaceans with a laterally compressed body and a large number of leg-like appendages.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neither Amphipoda nor Isopoda is known from the early Paleozoic when the Crustacea are generally represented in the fossil record by the valve-bearing Ostracoda.
- Because of their small size, Amphipoda are able to survive in caves.
- This Colloquium hosts every aspects of Amphipoda (systematics, genetics, evolution, ecology, physiology, range extensions, etc.), both freshwater and marine.
modern Latin (plural), from amphi- 'of both kinds' (because some legs are specialized for swimming and some for feeding) + Greek pous, pod- 'foot'.
Más definiciones de AmphipodaDefinición de Amphipoda en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.