Definición de Anabaptism en inglés:
The doctrine that baptism should only be administered to believing adults, held by a radical Protestant sect of the 16th century.
- Lutheranism had already taken root as had Anabaptism so Calvinism was seen as another protest religion in a ever crowded field.
- Calvinism and Anabaptism served as pivotal influences.
- Even more extreme sects inspired by Lutheranism flourished, such as Anabaptism.
mid 16th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek anabaptismos, from ana- 'over again' + baptismos 'baptism'.
Anabaptist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- The region was a mixture of Calvinists, Lutherans, Catholics and Anabaptists.
- But what can we say of the barbarity of Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli, who cracked down mercilessly on the radical Anabaptists and other dissenters after risking their own lives for religious liberty?
- Catholics, along with Lutherans and Calvinists in Europe, fiercely persecuted the Anabaptists, and for four hundred years there had been few efforts at reconciliation.
Definición de Anabaptism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia