- 1A native, inhabitant, or ruler of Anjou.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Angevins recruited important artists to renew the capital of the kingdom.
- 1.1Any of the Plantagenet kings of England, especially those who were also counts of Anjou (Henry II, Richard I, and John).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Before the loss of Normandy and most of the other Angevin lands in France by King John, the Angevins understandably devoted their attention to their primary French estates.
- The most important secular story for the Angevins and Plantagenets and their successors has long been acknowledged to be the eponymous foundation of Britain by Brutus.
- Early in 1141 the Angevins captured Stephen in a battle at Lincoln.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- 1.1Relating to or denoting the Plantagenets: the Angevin kingsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Under the Norman and Angevin kings the pleas of the crown were noted by the sheriff and any fines due to the king from these offences were collected by him.
- It should be remembered, however, that before the 13th century, the Norman and then Angevin kings paid little attention personally to extending their authority into Wales or Ireland.
- After all, when it came to minting coins the Angevins introduced Angevin practice into both England and Normandy.
from French, from medieval Latin Andegavinus, from Andegavum 'Angers' (see Angers).
Más definiciones de AngevinDefinición de Angevin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.