Definición de Angevin en inglés:
1.1Any of the Plantagenet kings of England, especially those who were also counts of Anjou (Henry II, Richard I, and John).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Before the loss of Normandy and most of the other Angevin lands in France by King John, the Angevins understandably devoted their attention to their primary French estates.
- The most important secular story for the Angevins and Plantagenets and their successors has long been acknowledged to be the eponymous foundation of Britain by Brutus.
- Early in 1141 the Angevins captured Stephen in a battle at Lincoln.
adjetivoVolver al principio
1Relating to Anjou.
1.1Relating to or denoting the Plantagenets: the Angevin kings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Under the Norman and Angevin kings the pleas of the crown were noted by the sheriff and any fines due to the king from these offences were collected by him.
- It should be remembered, however, that before the 13th century, the Norman and then Angevin kings paid little attention personally to extending their authority into Wales or Ireland.
- After all, when it came to minting coins the Angevins introduced Angevin practice into both England and Normandy.
Definición de Angevin en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia