Definición de Angevin en inglés:
1.1Any of the Plantagenet kings of England, especially those who were also counts of Anjou (Henry II, Richard I, and John).
- Before the loss of Normandy and most of the other Angevin lands in France by King John, the Angevins understandably devoted their attention to their primary French estates.
- The most important secular story for the Angevins and Plantagenets and their successors has long been acknowledged to be the eponymous foundation of Britain by Brutus.
- Early in 1141 the Angevins captured Stephen in a battle at Lincoln.
adjetivoVolver al principio
1Relating to Anjou.
1.1Relating to or denoting the Plantagenets: the Angevin kings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Under the Norman and Angevin kings the pleas of the crown were noted by the sheriff and any fines due to the king from these offences were collected by him.
- It should be remembered, however, that before the 13th century, the Norman and then Angevin kings paid little attention personally to extending their authority into Wales or Ireland.
- After all, when it came to minting coins the Angevins introduced Angevin practice into both England and Normandy.
Definición de Angevin en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan