Definición de Anglian en inglés:
1Relating to the ancient Angles.
- Given the survival of the church, there is the possibility of continuity in Conisbrough from the Anglian period, through the Viking Age, to the Norman conquest and beyond.
- Eventually the Romans of the North and the Saxon, or Anglian, incomers coalesced to form a force which succeeded, where Rome had failed, in creating a firm frontier with Scotland.
- The city was, at the time, the capital of the Anglian kingdom of Northumbria, the people of which were engaged in a bitter civil war between King Osbert and his rival Aelle.
2 Geology Relating to or denoting a Pleistocene glaciation in Britain, identified with the Elsterian of northern Europe (and perhaps the Mindel of the Alps).
- According to Tappin et al., the basal Pleistocene deposits in the Celtic Deep are of Anglian age which is strikingly close to a date of 450 ka, the youngest age of the Oxfordshire quartzites derived from around Birmingham.
Words that rhyme with Anglianganglion
Definición de Anglian en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan