- 1Relating to the ancient Angles.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Given the survival of the church, there is the possibility of continuity in Conisbrough from the Anglian period, through the Viking Age, to the Norman conquest and beyond.
- Eventually the Romans of the North and the Saxon, or Anglian, incomers coalesced to form a force which succeeded, where Rome had failed, in creating a firm frontier with Scotland.
- The city was, at the time, the capital of the Anglian kingdom of Northumbria, the people of which were engaged in a bitter civil war between King Osbert and his rival Aelle.
- 2 Geology Relating to or denoting a Pleistocene glaciation in Britain, identified with the Elsterian of northern Europe (and perhaps the Mindel of the Alps).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Tappin et al., the basal Pleistocene deposits in the Celtic Deep are of Anglian age which is strikingly close to a date of 450 ka, the youngest age of the Oxfordshire quartzites derived from around Birmingham.
Más definiciones de AnglianDefinición de Anglian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.