Definición de Anglo-Norman French en inglés:
The variety of Norman French used in England after the Norman Conquest. It remained the language of the English nobility for several centuries.
- With the new aristocracy came a new language for government and polite society: Anglo-Norman.
- This story first appears in Anglo-Norman before 1330 and becomes rapidly attached as a prelude to many of the French, Latin, and English versions of the Brut.
- The Navigatio Sancti Brandani is one of the earliest substantial texts in Anglo-Norman, but there are earlier Latin versions, none from before the 10th cent.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to Anglo-Norman French.
- The Life of St Osith, extant in four Latin vitaeand one Anglo-Norman version, is one of the most fascinating of such post-Conquest re-inventions of Anglo-Saxon sanctity.
- In Baker's opinion, which he verifies in a circular and self-fulfilling fashion, early Anglo-Norman saints' lives observed the caesura strictly.
- And I got quite a bit of interest with a post on a 12 th-century Anglo-Norman play, so you don't have to worry about dealing with what some might see as obscure topics!
Definición de Anglo-Norman French en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan