- 1Relating to the south polar region or Antarctica.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This reduced the mixing of warm, tropical ocean water and cold, polar water causing the buildup of the Antarctic polar ice cap.
- The Northern Lights are a phenomenon that is seen in the skies on clear, dark nights in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.
- It recreates the vegetation and animal life in the Antarctic and Arctic regions.
- 1.1 Botany Relating to or denoting a phytogeographical kingdom comprising New Zealand, southern parts of Chile and Argentina, and islands in the South Atlantic and southern Indian Ocean.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lichens thus dominate the Antarctic flora both in terms of species diversity and in terms of total biomass.
- The role of liverworts in Antarctic plant communities is discussed in detail.
- The Antarctic flora is a distinct community of vascular plants which evolved millions of years ago.
sustantivo(the Antarctic) Volver al principio
- The Antarctic region.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Penguins are the most common birds in the Antarctic.
- I ended the book with a photograph of an emperor penguin chick from the Antarctic.
- The lichen samples were collected along a transect from the northern maritime Antarctic to the continent.
late Middle English: from Old French antartique or Latin antarcticus, from Greek antarktikos 'opposite to the north', from ant- 'against' + arktikos (see Arctic).
Más definiciones de AntarcticDefinición de Antarctic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.