Definición de Antarctic en inglés:
1Relating to the south polar region or Antarctica.
- This reduced the mixing of warm, tropical ocean water and cold, polar water causing the buildup of the Antarctic polar ice cap.
- The Northern Lights are a phenomenon that is seen in the skies on clear, dark nights in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.
- It recreates the vegetation and animal life in the Antarctic and Arctic regions.
1.1 Botany Relating to or denoting a phytogeographical kingdom comprising New Zealand, southern parts of Chile and Argentina, and islands in the South Atlantic and southern Indian Ocean.
- Lichens thus dominate the Antarctic flora both in terms of species diversity and in terms of total biomass.
- The role of liverworts in Antarctic plant communities is discussed in detail.
- The Antarctic flora is a distinct community of vascular plants which evolved millions of years ago.
sustantivo(the Antarctic) Volver al principio
Definición de Antarctic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary