- A hare whose coat turns white in winter, found in the arctic areas of North America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lepus arcticus, family Leporidae; sometimes treated as the same species as the mountain hare of Eurasia
- ‘Arctic hares appear unusually unwary or ‘tame’, ‘notes A W F Banfield in his classic work, The Mammals of Canada.’
- The Arctic hare inhabits the tundra regions of Canada from Newfoundland west to the Mackenzie River Delta and north to the tip of Ellesmere Island.
- The most important adaptations of the Arctic hare are its keen eyesight, acute hearing, and speed.
Más definiciones de Arctic hareDefinición de Arctic hare en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.