Definición de Athabaskan en inglés:
Denoting or relating to a family of North American Indian languages, including a southern group of which the most important are Navajo and Apache, and a northern group in Alaska and the Canadian North-West, many of which are now rare or extinct.
- Other languages with similar devices to mark topic object include Wichita, Pawnee, Tlingit, and some Athapaskan languages such as Navajo and Schaptin.
- I enjoyed the warmth of the hospitality in isolated Athabaskan Indian and Inuit communities.
- The Navajo language belongs to the Athapaskan language family that is spoken from beyond the Arctic Circle in Alaska and Canada to the southwestern United States.
sustantivoVolver al principio
2A speaker of any of the Athabaskan languages.
- They also share some cultural similarity with the Athabaskan, with whom the Tlingit have interacted and traded for centuries.
- Ron Scollon and Suzanne Scollon found that the personal ‘display’ required in argumentative writing was culturally inappropriate for the Athabaskan of Alaska, a tribe related to the Dene.
from Athabasca, the name of a lake in western Canada, from Cree Athap-askaw 'grass and reeds here and there', + -an.
Definición de Athabaskan en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan