- 1Of or adjoining the Atlantic Ocean: the Atlantic coast of EuropeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The picture here is of the sunset from the Atlantic coast of Tobago, just outside my hotel room.
- Sites for experimental wave turbines have already been identified on the island's Atlantic coast.
- The long sandy beaches of Spain's north coast are lashed by Atlantic surf and hemmed by rolling green hills.
- 2 Geology Relating to or denoting the third climatic stage of the postglacial period in northern Europe, between the Boreal and Sub-Boreal stages (about 7,500 to 5,000 years ago), marked by a moist oceanic climate.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This book challenges our views on the nature of the former natural landscape of Britain during the Atlantic period.
- The end of the Atlantic period was marked by the decline of the elm.
- They occurred well above the late Pleistocene floodplain gravel and underlay a deposit containing animal remains that can be assigned only to the climatic optimum of the Atlantic phase, after 5000 B.C.
sustantivo(the Atlantic) Volver al principio
- 1 short for Atlantic Ocean.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek Atlantikos, from Atlas, Atlant- (see atlas). The term originally referred to Mount Atlas in Libya, hence to the sea near the west African coast, later extended to the whole ocean.
Más definiciones de AtlanticDefinición de Atlantic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.