- A word or form characteristic of Attic Greek, regarded as having particular literary elegance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His language is infinitely graceful; the purest Atticism prevails in it, and he adapts it with great skill to all tones.
- It is said that she criticised Pindar for introducing Atticisms into his poems.
- Thus Atticism in the Roman Empire continued to be used long after it became incomprehensible to those without special training.
late 16th century: from Greek Attikismos, from Attikos (see Attic).
Más definiciones de AtticismDefinición de Atticism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.