- 1Relating to St Augustine of Hippo or his doctrines.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Myrc and others viewed the Augustinian doctrine of salvation by grace as a deception of the devil and a heresy.
- Luther takes a traditional Augustinian approach to the subject matter of theology, defining it as the knowledge of God and the self in mutual relation.
- Allen finds continuity, however, in an enduring Augustinian counterposing of church and culture.
- 2Relating to a religious order observing a rule derived from St Augustine’s writings.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The meeting was hosted by the official committee elected last September to liaise with the Augustinian order in deciding the best and most appropriate use for the Abbey complex when the Friars leave this Summer.
- In 1848 he took holy orders in the Augustinian monastery where he also became choirmaster.
- They followed the Augustinian rule and were divided into three classes: knights, chaplains, and serving brothers.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1A member of an Augustinian order.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Orders of monks and nuns multiplied over the years: Benedictines, Dominicans, Cistercians, Augustinians, Carmelites and others.
- Christian outposts founded by Dominicans, Franciscans, and Augustinians grew into towns.
- As he himself observes, contemporary Augustinians have been good and conscientious democrats.
- 2An adherent of the doctrines of St Augustine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ratzinger is a theological Augustinian who equates the heavenly city with the church and the earthly city with the world; hence the strong opposition between the church and the world in his thinking.
- Orthodox Augustinians, however, assumed that Christ's return and the subsequent end of the world would be unannounced.
- We may be Augustinians in our theology, but we are all socialized to be Pelagians in our profession, to exaggerate the importance of personal effort and personal worthiness.
Más definiciones de AugustinianDefinición de Augustinian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.