- A lymphocyte not processed by the thymus gland, and responsible for producing antibodies. Also called B-cell. Compare with T-lymphocyte.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The antibody on B-lymphocytes recognizes and binds foreign proteins, polysaccharides, or lipids in soluble form.
- The appendix, in conjunction with other parts of the body which also contain cells called B-lymphocytes, manufactures several types of antibodies.
- The measles virus has been shown by researchers to be present in the tumor cells of patients suffering from Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the body's antibody-producing B-lymphocytes.
B for bursa, referring to the organ in birds where it was first identified.
Más definiciones de B-lymphocyteDefinición de B-lymphocyte en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.