- A religion founded in 1844 by the Persian Mirza Ali Muhammad of Shiraz (1819–50) (popularly known as ‘the Bab’), who taught that a new prophet would follow Muhammad. See also Baha'i.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dr. Soergel suggested putting Theosophy, Sufism and Babism close to Islam to infer their connection through proximity, but not to put them as subsets of Islam because that might be disputed by some.
- You must conquer the cities and the people for Babism and don't be at peace with those who reject Babism.
- The involvement of the ethnic Kurds in Babism was relatively strong.
mid 19th century: via Persian from Arabic bāb 'intermediary', literally 'gate' (taken as a name by the founder) + -ism.
Más definiciones de BabismDefinición de Babism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.