Definición de Balkanize en inglés:
Divide (a region or body) into smaller mutually hostile states or groups: ambitious neighbours would snatch pieces of territory, Balkanizing the country (as adjective Balkanized) the balkanized world of the Senate Banking Committee
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Meanwhile this often Balkanised city has been united by the Lakers' triumph.
- But they also Balkanised the research, dividing it up into many different journals, most of which charge for access.
- Preferential agreements are creating ‘a series of islands or island economic units’ and there is a risk of ‘further Balkanising the global economy.’
1920s: from Balkan Peninsula (where this was done in the late 19th and early 20th century) + -ize.
- Example sentences
- The division of peoples along national, ethnic and religious lines can lead only to a Balkanisation of the continent, with the most terrible consequences.
- What do we want, a Balkanisation of the country?
- The drive to create a clearer national identity is also backed by religious leaders who are likewise concerned about the Balkanisation of the country.
Definición de Balkanize en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan