- A small, densely staining structure in the cell nuclei of females, consisting of a condensed, inactive X chromosome. It is regarded as diagnostic of genetic femaleness.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In some tissues, the inactive X chromosome can be identified in the nucleus as a Barr body and X inactivation provides an important model for the inheritance of gene expression.
- The formation of Barr bodies is the strategy that humans use for what is called dosage compensation.
- If the Barr bodies of a normal female were missing, she would exhibit Turners Syndrome.
1960s: named after the Canadian anatomist M. L. Barr (1908–95).
Más definiciones de Barr bodyDefinición de Barr body en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.