Definición de Bashkir en inglés:
1A member of a Muslim people living in the southern Urals.
- Today, Islam is the second largest religion, after Russian Orthodoxy, with at least 19 million practitioners, and among ethnic minorities most Tatars, Bashkirs, Kazakhs, Chechens, and Avars, are Sunni Muslim.
- These diverse groups lie scattered from the Caucasus and Ural mountains to eastern Siberia, and include the Tatars, Chuvash, Bashkirs, Sakha, Tuvans, Karachai, Khakass, Altays, and others.
- He attracted a following of peasants, Old Believers, Ural mineworkers, and non-Russians such as Bashkirs and Kalmyks.
2 [mass noun] The Turkic language of the Bashkirs, with about 1 million speakers.
- Bashkir is spoken principally in the Russian Republic of Bashkortostan.
- Bashkir (also referred to as Basquort/Bashkort) is spoken primarily in the republic of Bashkortostan between the Volga River and the Ural mountains in Russia.
- A Turkic language, Bashkir is spoken by one in four residents of Bashkortostan.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Bashkirs or their language.
- A Rosneft spokesman did not deny the company was interested in the Bashkir assets, the paper said.
- Ufa, with its significant Bashkir population, was one of three ARA districts inhabited largely by Muslims.
- Ufa, the capital of the Bashkir republic, became the wartime seat of the Soviet Ukrainian government.
Definición de Bashkir en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary