- A simplified form of English limited to 850 selected words, intended for international communication.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They were enthusiasts for something called Basic English, an educational tool that limited the language's vocabulary to 850 words and, as far as possible, only its more regular verb forms.
- An ardent propagandist for so-called Basic English, a project which reduced the language to a mere 850 words, he was also a precursor of today's global industry of English-language teaching.
- It is ironic that his political aims for Basic English were foiled by his very ignorance of and inattention to politics itself as a constitutive force in human affairs.
Más definiciones de Basic EnglishDefinición de Basic English en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.