- An ancient Celtic people inhabiting Gaul north of the Seine and Marne Rivers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Caesar observed that the Belgae from northern Gaul (hence Belgium) had first commenced raiding and then settling in ‘the maritime part’ of Britain from before his time.
- Belgium derives its name from a Celtic tribe, the Belgae, whom Caesar described as the most courageous tribe of Gaul.
- At the time of the Roman occupation, the region was inhabited by the Regni in the south-east, the Belgae towards the south-west, and the Atrebates in the north.
Más definiciones de BelgaeDefinición de Belgae en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.