Definición de Bemba en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
1A member of an African people of Zambia.
- The main tribes in Zambia are Bemba, Nagoni, Lozi, Chewa, Chokwe, Lunda, Luvale, Tonga, and Tumbuka.
- The largest was the kingdom of Mwata Yamvo; others were the Bemba in north-eastern Zambia, Kazembe in the Luapula valley, and Kasanje in central Angola.
- In the European era white cloth was also used by the Bemba for wrapping the King's corpse.
2 [mass noun] The Bantu language of the Bemba, with nearly 2 million speakers.
- It contains many words that are similar to those in other Bantu languages such as Bemba, Chichewa, and Luyana.
- Using the fingers on my left hand, I started counting, ‘French, Lingala, Kiswahili, English and Bemba in DRC?’
- She said she was proud to speak, read and write English and Bemba because even her husband now feels proud of her, unlike in the past.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Bemba or their language.
- Kondowe who ascended to acting fame through the Bemba radio drama Ifyabukaya as ‘Dangerous Jo'burg ’, said the return of local comedy to the Play House follows the high demand from fans.
- I come from the Bemba tribe and one of our customs when someone dies is ‘Isambo lya nfwa’ or the narration of what led to death.
- Tazaonana is followed by Intambi, a Bemba song penned down by folk singer Pontiano Kaiche.
Definición de Bemba en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary