sustantivo (plural igual or Beothuks)
- 1A member of an extinct American Indian people of Newfoundland.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Together with this, the Beothuks sometimes wore Caribou-skin leggings, arm coverings and moccasins.
- Increasingly, the Beothuks were forced to try to live on the inadequate resources of the interior.
- There are no Beothuks left in any part of the world now that we know of, but there are Indians.
- 2 [mass noun] The extinct language of the Beothuk.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Quite singular is the case of a man of unknown nationality who had learned to speak Beothuk "very well."
- It once had a dialect of Irish known as Newfoundland Irish, as well as an Amerindian language, Beothuk.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Beothuk or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The story of an exiled Beothuk woman also plays a central part in his second book of poems.
- The Native people's lives changed dramatically with the arrival of the Europeans, including the lives of the Beothuk people, who were killed by ‘white ‘diseases or hunted to extinction by Europeans and their Indian allies.’
- The author examines rarefied relics like a Beothuk pendant and an anti-Confederation poster from 1940s Newfoundland to recount the most crucial chapters in Canada's ongoing narrative.
probably the name in Beothuk.
Más definiciones de BeothukDefinición de Beothuk en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.