Definición de Bolshevik en inglés:
1 historical A member of the majority faction of the Russian Social Democratic Party, which seized power in the October Revolution of 1917.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When the Bolsheviks seized power in 1917, few observers outside Russia expected the new regime to survive even one month.
- So how did the Russian Marxists, the Bolsheviks, respond?
- I am sure you know the circumstances under which the Bolsheviks seized power in October 1917.
1.1chiefly derogatory (In general use) a person with politically subversive or radical views; a revolutionary.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the idea of modernism and design was yet to reach New Zealand, the ‘radical’ man was often denounced as a Bolshevik.
- It was compassion and its absence, he said, which marked the difference between Englishmen and Bolsheviks.
- The Bolsheviks in Beatle boots are back, more entrenched than ever in the corporate machine but not an ounce less mouthy on the Marxist tip.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or characteristic of Bolsheviks or Bolshevism: the Bolshevik revolution
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the conflict progressed, Bolshevik propagandists proved themselves masters of their trade, turning the minds of British soldiers and Russians alike, often with devastating consequences.
- Aside from shaking one's head at this disconnect from reality, one can only recall Czar Alexander's diary entry on the eve of the Bolshevik revolution, which noted the weather and what he had for breakfast.
- Despite his hostility to Marxism, he insisted that the revolution was not a Bolshevik coup but a massive social revolt involving millions of workers and peasants.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Well, while I disagree with your Bolshevist take on socialism, I must say that Mr. Brenner's article on mental illness was as moving as it was enlightening.
- You want Germany to fall into the hands of the Bolshevists?
- The German delegates protested that the result would be anarchy and famine from which only the Bolshevists would profit.
Russian, from bolʹshe 'greater' (with reference to the greater faction).
Palabras que riman con Bolshevikpelvic • civic • Ludovic
Definición de Bolshevik en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda