- 1 variant spelling of Brahman ( sense 1).
- 2US A socially or culturally superior person, especially one from New England: he did not talk like the son of a New England Brahmin [as modifier]: a verbal style filched from one of her Brahmin bossesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For me, it's the voice of the New England intellectual Brahmin (despite the fact that Carter was born in New York): patrician, witty, a pilgrim in the land of ideas.
- Is the New Yorker part of the old pre-Roosevelt world of Brahmins and mavens?
- Evans' commitment to Sacco and Vanzetti may be seen as the culmination of her evolution from Brahmin matron to social activist; however, the case had more complex implications for Evans.
- 3 (also Brahminy bull or US Brahman) An ox of a humped breed originally domesticated in India, which is tolerant of heat and drought and is now kept widely in tropical and warm-temperate countries. Also called zebu.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bos indicus, family Bovidae; now usually included under the name B. taurus with other domestic cattle
- Santa Gertrudis, rather than Brahmans, are bred on Caldervale, a 380,000 acre central Queensland brigalow block near Tambo, and are grown out early on Colonial's two NSW properties near Tamworth and Moree.
- A Florida rotational crossbreeding study involving the Angus, Brahman, and Hereford breeds revealed that calf survival rates were similar for the three sire breeds.
- The drovers are off to bring in the Brahmans, Droughtmasters, Angus and Shorthorns.
- sense 1, sense 2.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Brahminical literary tradition regarding Ayodhya is essentially mythological and can't be proved or disproved by archaeology.
- It will thus facilitate the take-over of the State by the Hindutva forces and the rapid metamorphosis of the Indian society in the Brahminical mould.
- Little wonder, too, that the ‘lower’ castes have, over the centuries, flocked in droves to convert to Buddhism, Islam, Sikhism, and Christianity in order to escape from the shackles of the Brahminical system.
Más definiciones de BrahminDefinición de Brahmin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.