Definición de Brahui en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
1A member of a pastoral people of western Pakistan.
- The tribes known as the Brahui (also Brohi) live in the rugged hills of Pakistan's western borderland.
- The khan of Kalat, the native ruler of Baluchistan, is himself a Brahui, and a lineal descendant of Kumbar, former chief of the Kumbarini, a Brahui tribe.
- The Brahui are made up of a confederation of 29 tribes.
2 [mass noun] The language of the Brahui, a Dravidian language isolated for several thousand years from other members of the family. It has nearly 2 million speakers.
- Some speak Farsi, while others speak Brahui, a member of the Dravidian, pre-Aryan, language group of India.
- In settled areas such as the Sind region where Brahui children are more likely to attend school, they are taught in the local language rather than in Brahui.
- Certainly, I can understand both Brahui and Balochi.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Brahui or their language.
- The Brahui language is related to the languages spoken in South India.
- It is assumed, for example, that sibling solidarity plays a role in Brahui as well as non-Brahui marriage.
- No one has as yet published a Brahui kinship terminology.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan