sustantivo (plural igual)
- 1A member of a pastoral people of western Pakistan.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The tribes known as the Brahui (also Brohi) live in the rugged hills of Pakistan's western borderland.
- The khan of Kalat, the native ruler of Baluchistan, is himself a Brahui, and a lineal descendant of Kumbar, former chief of the Kumbarini, a Brahui tribe.
- The Brahui are made up of a confederation of 29 tribes.
- 2 [mass noun] The language of the Brahui, a Dravidian language isolated for several thousand years from other members of the family. It has nearly 2 million speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some speak Farsi, while others speak Brahui, a member of the Dravidian, pre-Aryan, language group of India.
- In settled areas such as the Sind region where Brahui children are more likely to attend school, they are taught in the local language rather than in Brahui.
- Certainly, I can understand both Brahui and Balochi.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Brahui or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Brahui language is related to the languages spoken in South India.
- It is assumed, for example, that sibling solidarity plays a role in Brahui as well as non-Brahui marriage.
- No one has as yet published a Brahui kinship terminology.