Definición de British en inglés:
1Relating to Great Britain or the United Kingdom, or to its people or language.
- In fact, the first seven presidents of the United States were born as British subjects.
- We would not have had a united movement and we would have failed a generation of British Muslims.
- Friends say she is rather shy, retiring and eccentric in the best British sense.
sustantivo(as plural noun the British) Volver al principio
The British people.
- We might also consider why so many Americans hate the British and all other Europeans.
- The courage of the Indian troops who fought with the British and the Gurkhas was never in doubt.
- To the British and Americans, however, it was central to their conduct of the war.
- Example sentences
- However, I am quite happy to remain British, indeed I am proud to be so - that does not make me any less proud, as part of my Britishness, to be Scottish.
- The narratives that have been most effective, most striking, in this election have been the fringe narratives of the nature of Britishness and the danger it is in.
- Our relationship with Europe has added another dimension in how we see ourselves: our Britishness is part of Europe and part of the global entity as well.
Definición de British en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan