Definición de Cajun en inglés:
A member of any of the largely self-contained communities in the bayou areas of southern Louisiana formed by descendants of French Canadians, speaking an archaic form of French.
- Rustic, self-sufficient country dwellers, Cajuns lived along the bayous and swamps of Louisiana for more than 200 years.
- Settling among the isolated bayous of southern Louisiana, Acadians would become Cajuns.
- Being from Louisiana, the Cajuns aren't used to harsh winters.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Cajuns, especially with reference to their folk music or spicy cuisine: Cajun chicken
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My first visit a few months ago, which found the restaurant serving mostly fish and chips and fried chicken with nary a piece of Cajun cuisine to be found, was a big disappointment.
- It was described on the menu as one of a selection of classic steak dishes, perfected using cooking techniques from Cajun cuisine.
- The menu includes nachos, Cajun spicy chicken, Mexican salad, curries and pasta.
alteration of Acadian.
Definición de Cajun en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary