Definición de Cape Barren goose en inglés:
A pale grey Australian goose with a short black bill that is almost covered by a waxy yellow cere. Also called cereopsis goose.
- Cereopsis novaehollandiae, family Anatidae
- Each day as we were walking we saw much wildlife including hooded plovers, pied oyster-catchers, Cape Barren geese, Bennetts wallabies and thrillingly for me, a wombat.
- The paddlers shared the island with ever noisy penguins, lots of rats and Cape Barren geese.
- In her eulogy at Tony's funeral, Marion Grace, his electoral secretary for the whole time he was in parliament, reminded those present of his successful campaigns in saving the Cape Barren geese, the hairy nosed wombat and the dingo.
mid 19th century: named after Cape Barren, an island in the Bass Strait, Australia.
Definición de Cape Barren goose en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan