(also Cape Muslim)
- (In South Africa) a member of a predominantly Afrikaans-speaking and Muslim group resident mainly in the province of Western Cape. Compare with Cape coloured.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The teachings of Islam, the religion practised by most Cape Malays dictate which foods may be eaten.
- They came to be called Cape Malays as they all spoke Malay, an important trading language at that time.
- The origins of these people is not the same as the Cape Malays and they are not Muslim.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Cape Malay people.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Served with a variety of sambals and atjars, Cape Malay curries are famous for their full-bodied flavour.
- We learn how to mix Masala, fold Samoosas, and how to balance the delicate flavours of a Cape Malay curry.
- Bruce Robertson, chef at the Showroom in Cape Town, refers to Cape Malay cuisine as South Africa's home cooking.
Más definiciones de Cape MalayDefinición de Cape Malay en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.