- 1A soft edible yellow berry enclosed in a husk that resembles a lantern in shape.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At the moment he has cabbages, mielies, onions, Chinese cabbage, baby marrow, Cape gooseberry, spanspek and cherry tomatoes.
- The most common use for Cape gooseberries is to make them into jam, for spreading on toast.
- Often called goldenberries, Cape gooseberries are starting to appear in gourmet stores here in the U.S.
- 2The tropical South American plant with heart-shaped leaves which bears the Cape gooseberry.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Physalis peruviana, family Solanaceae
- In the understorey are monsteras, warrigal greens, more Cape gooseberries, and numerous self-sown annuals and biennials, as well as many shade-loving ornamentals.
- As a result some volunteer plants grew in the bed - she has left the Cape gooseberries and composted the rest.
- The foliage of the Cape gooseberry is velvety, heart-shaped, and may reach 6 in long.
Más definiciones de Cape gooseberryDefinición de Cape gooseberry en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.