Definición de Capuchin en inglés:
- One of the major events to take place in the month of June was the Canonisation of Padre Pio - a Capuchin monk with a huge Irish following.
- He was ordained a priest in the Capuchin order in 1946 and was given the religious name of Lucian.
- On Christmas Eve 1896, he entered St. Bonaventure Monastery, headquarters for the St. Joseph Province of the Capuchins in the United States.
- Regency wraps have many strange and wonderful names but are basically capes (shawls, mantles, pelerines, capes, cloaks, capuchins).
- Mantua-makers also made all sorts of loose garments, cloaks, cardinals, capuchins, etc.
- Ladies formerly wore cloaks as their chief over-coats; they were used with some changes of form under the successive names of roquelaus, capuchins, and cardinals.
- Genus Cebus, family Cebidae: four species
- I have spent many hours here photographing the cock-of-the-rock, the brown capuchin monkey (far right) and many insects, including long-legged flies.
- The brown capuchin monkey, a seed predator, can recognize which fruits are about to open on a Cariniana micrantha tree, above.
- Again, the capuchin monkey cannot be unequivocally assigned to either the typical anthropoid or nonprimate pattern.
- Groups of male capuchin birds attract females with sounds like the whine of some outer-space cicada insect crossed with a sick cow: ‘mmmmmmmm-WOW!’
- In our wide territory, different kinds of ducks can be found such as: golden-coloured ducks, red shoveler, pintails, capuchin pigeon, and whistling ducks.
- There is also a capuchin pigeon with a feathery topknot.
Late 16th century: from obsolete French, earlier form of capucin, from Italian cappuccino, from cappuccio 'hood, cowl', from cappa (see cape1), the friars being so named because of their sharp-pointed hoods.
Palabras que riman con Capuchinmoccasin • characin
Definición de Capuchin en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.