- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In "On the Liberty of the Rhodians" he urged support of the Rhodian demos against the oligarchs supported by the Carian dynasty but the Persian attack on Egypt prompted caution, and Demosthenes' arguments were far from strong.
- In the cult of Hera of Samos it was the Carians, that is to say non-Greeks, who had to wear a lygos wreath.
- The term mausoleum is derived from the name of the Carian ruler Mausolus, whose tomb at Halicarnassus (built c.350 BC in what is now Bodrum, Turkey) was one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Más definiciones de CariaDefinición de Caria en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.