- Relating to Descartes and his ideas.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many philosophers have since attempted their own refutations of Cartesian skepticism (including Descartes and Putnam himself).
- These Cartesian speculations conveyed to Descartes' successors at least two issues.
- Even the Logical Positivists were, by and large, foundationalists, although some of them came to renounce Cartesian mentalism in favor of a ‘physicalistic basis’.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A follower of Descartes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some Cartesians strayed little from Descartes' scientific and metaphysical theories.
- Locke's denial of the doctrine of innate ideas was, no doubt, directed specifically at Descartes and the Cartesians.
- This is the problem of the empiricists, the positivists, the existentialists, the Cartesians, and so forth.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The few letters that survive from this early correspondence indicate that Cartesianism formed the basis of the course of instruction she followed.
- Futhermore, such knowledge could be obtained without the need for a divine guarantee, as had been required by orthodox Cartesianism.
- He sticks to Cartesianism with a passion and derides any attempt to derive music from experience.
mid 17th century: from modern Latin Cartesianus, from Cartesius, Latinized form of the name of Descartes.
Más definiciones de CartesianDefinición de Cartesian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.