Definición de Cartesian en inglés:
Relating to Descartes and his ideas.
- Many philosophers have since attempted their own refutations of Cartesian skepticism (including Descartes and Putnam himself).
- These Cartesian speculations conveyed to Descartes' successors at least two issues.
- Even the Logical Positivists were, by and large, foundationalists, although some of them came to renounce Cartesian mentalism in favor of a ‘physicalistic basis’.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A follower of Descartes.
- Some Cartesians strayed little from Descartes' scientific and metaphysical theories.
- Locke's denial of the doctrine of innate ideas was, no doubt, directed specifically at Descartes and the Cartesians.
- This is the problem of the empiricists, the positivists, the existentialists, the Cartesians, and so forth.
mid 17th century: from modern Latin Cartesianus, from Cartesius, Latinized form of the name of Descartes.
- Example sentences
- The few letters that survive from this early correspondence indicate that Cartesianism formed the basis of the course of instruction she followed.
- Futhermore, such knowledge could be obtained without the need for a divine guarantee, as had been required by orthodox Cartesianism.
- He sticks to Cartesianism with a passion and derides any attempt to derive music from experience.
Definición de Cartesian en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan