( 1889–1977), English film actor and director; full name Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin. He directed and starred in many short silent comedies, mostly playing a bowler-hatted tramp, a character which was his trademark for more than twenty-five years. Notable films: The Kid (1921) and The Gold Rush (1925).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The holes in his shoes, his ploys to evade the rent collector and the competitive games between the salesmen are treated as Chaplinesque opportunities for slapstick.
- He dusts himself off after fights with a heroic yet Chaplinesque dignity.
- The prevailing image of Einstein has long been that of the venerable elder, the Chaplinesque figure with baggy sweater and fright-wig coiffure.
Más definiciones de Chaplin, CharlieDefinición de Chaplin, Charlie en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.