Definición de Chickasaw en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Chickasaws)
1A member of an American Indian people formerly resident in Mississippi and Alabama, and now in Oklahoma.
- The same is true with respect to the other four ‘Civilized Tribes ‘- Choctaws, Chickasaws, Creeks and Seminoles - all of whom had shared the Cherokees' fate by 1840.
- Of the so-called Five Civilized Tribes (Choctaws, Chickasaws, Creeks, Seminoles, and Cherokees), only the Cherokee, whose language is classified as Iroquoian, speak a non-Muskogean language.
- The ‘Five Civilized Tribes,’ the Cherokees, Chickasaws, Choctaws, Creeks, and Seminoles, resolved to stay where they were, though they eventually ceded most of their land.
2 [mass noun] The Muskogean language of the Chickasaw, now all but extinct.
- Choctaw and Chickasaw, for instance, employ one pair of markers for paratactic constructions, and a different pair/array of markers for adverbial, complement, and relative clauses.
- In subordinate dependency, the dependent clause may precede or follow the independent clause, as in the Chickasaw example.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Chickasaw or their language.
- Taking Choctaw conceptions of the world seriously, he utilizes the available Choctaw and Chickasaw language dictionaries to gain insight into the meaning of Choctaw ideas and practices.
- The Chickasaw language is still so similar to Choctaw, for instance, that linguists surmise that the separation of the two could not have occurred very long ago.
- Coming to the ring wearing an Indian headdress and famous for his tomahawk chops and Indian-strap matches, McDaniel was actually one-eighteenth Choctaw and Chickasaw Indian.
the name in Chickasaw.
Definición de Chickasaw en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan