Definición de China rose en inglés:
1A Chinese rose which was introduced into Europe in the 19th century.
- Rosa chinensis, family Rosaceae
- Over the next decade the Dutch and British East India Companies brought back dozens of new China roses, leading to the development of Teas, Bourbons, and Portlands.
- To my intense regret, I cannot grow China roses; they are hardy only from zones 7 through 10.
- Rosa chinensis ‘Mutabilis’, a China rose, has single blooms in shades of buff, pink, and red from spring into winter.
2A tropical shrubby evergreen hibiscus, which is cultivated for its large showy flowers.
- Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, family Malvaceae
- There are indications that the very popular China rose (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) was introduced to the Chelsea Physic Garden in London in 1731.
- Hibiscus plants (commonly known as 'China rose') have gorgeous velvety, exotic looking flowers.
- The study shows that the china rose (Hibiscus rosasinensis) petal is a potent natural carotenoid source for goldfish to enhance its colour and also accelerate gonadal development.
Definición de China rose en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan