(also Chladni patterns)
- The patterns formed when a sand-covered surface is made to vibrate.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1808, the German physicist Ernst F F Chladni had visited Paris where he had conducted experiments on vibrating plates, exhibiting the so-called Chladni figures.
- In the first place, Jenny produced both the Chladni figures and Lissajous figures in his experiments.
- The symmetry of the Chladni figures is partially determined by the symmetry of the plates chosen.
early 19th century: named after Ernst Chladni (1756–1827), German physicist.
Más definiciones de Chladni figuresDefinición de Chladni figures en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.