- (B.1928), American theoretical linguist, noted for expounding the theory of generative grammar; full name Avram Noam Chomsky. He also demonstrated that linguistic behaviour is innate, not learned, and that all languages share the same underlying grammatical base. Chomsky is known also for his opposition to American involvement in the Vietnam War and the Gulf War.
Chomskyan (also Chomskian)
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The standard theory distinguishes between a speaker's competence (knowledge of a language) and performance (actual use of a language), Chomskyan grammar being concerned with competence, not performance.
- If this sounds like Chomskyan linguistics, it is.
- For linguists in the Chomskian tradition, the main theoretical task is to identify grammatical principles that provide the basic structure of human languages.
Más definiciones de Chomsky, NoamDefinición de Chomsky, Noam en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.