- An increase in wavelength of X-rays or gamma rays that occurs when they are scattered.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1927 Compton received the Nobel Prize in physics for what is now called the Compton effect.
- In 1922, while doing research on X rays, Compton discovered what came to be called the Compton effect, for which in 1927 he shared the Nobel Prize in physics.
- The Compton effect occurs primarily in the absorption of high X-ray energy and low atomic numbers.
early 20th century: named after A. H. Compton (see Compton, Arthur Holly).
Más definiciones de Compton effectDefinición de Compton effect en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.