- 1A native Egyptian in the Hellenistic and Roman periods.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When Muslim armies invaded Egypt, they were welcomed by the Egyptian Copts as liberators from Byzantine oppression.
- Outnumbered by the native Copts, they settled just north of the Christian town, within the area of modern Cairo, and dreamed of building a new Islamic city.
- Moreover, ethnically differentiated people have been lumped together, for example, the Copts and the Berbers are not ethnically the same people.
- 2A member of the Coptic Church.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the eve of both Christmas day and Easter day, Orthodox Copts break their fast with a variety of dishes made of beef and poultry.
- The Copts, an indigenous Monophysite Christian church, are the largest and most important minority, some 12% of the population.
- Aswan was once an important centre for Christian Copts.
from French Copte or modern Latin Coptus, from Arabic al-qibṭ, al-qubṭ 'Copts', from Coptic Gyptios, from Greek Aiguptios 'Egyptian'.
Más definiciones de CoptDefinición de Copt en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.