- 1send someone to Coventry
- chiefly British Refuse to associate with or speak to someone: some people ignore and send to Coventry individuals they disapprove of[ Mid 18th century: sometimes said to stem from the extreme unpopularity of soldiers stationed in Coventry, who were cut off socially by the citizens, or because Royalist prisoners were sent there during the English Civil War, the city being staunchly Parliamentarian]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She was secretly filmed by colleagues, who then sent her to Coventry during a campaign of victimisation.
- He's obviously intrigued but trying hard not to sound too keen in case the other fogeys at the paper send him to Coventry.
- Jesse apologised to me for lying to me and I apologised to him for having sent him to Coventry for two days.
Palabras que riman con Coventryquixotry
Definición de Coventry en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda