sustantivo (plural igual or Crees)
- 1A member of an American Indian people living in a vast area of central Canada.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The second part of the strategy to induce the Crees to stay in Canada included the abandonment of Fort Walsh in May 1883.
- This Offshore Overlap Agreement is another important step in Crees and Inuit co-operation and sharing.
- Indian Affairs came to control the political affairs of the Crees under the Indian Act, and minimal social services such as pensions became available to many.
- 2 [mass noun] The Algonquian language of the Cree, closely related to Montagnais. It has about 60,000 speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And that's in Cree, which comes from the Algonquin language.
- There are Masses in Cree, Chipweyan, Blackfoot and Dene as well as English.
- It is related linguistically to the languages not only of the Ottawa and Potawatomi but also of the Fox, Cree, and Menominee.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Cree or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It comes from the language of the Cree tribe further south, where it means ‘eater of raw meat’.
- Some sports will also take place in Fort Chipewyan, a small isolated Cree community a 30-minute flight from Fort McMurray.
- The provisions combine a high degree of Cree participation in elementary and secondary education, with final decision-making and legislative power resting in Quebec.
from Canadian French Cris, abbreviation of Cristinaux, from Algonquian.
Más definiciones de CreeDefinición de Cree en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.