- 1Relating to or denoting the last period of the Mesozoic era, between the Jurassic and Tertiary periods.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As such, they have been found fossilized in Jurassic and Cretaceous deposits, and have been used to reconstruct paleoclimates.
- The foothills of the Pyrenees are composed of sedimentary Jurassic and Cretaceous limestones which favour the creation of natural cave systems.
- The Jurassic and Cretaceous together were the age of giant reptiles.
The Cretaceous lasted from about 146 to 65 million years ago. The climate was warm and the sea level rose; the period is characterized especially in NW Europe by the deposition of chalk. The first flowering plants emerged and the domination of the dinosaurs continued, although they died out quite abruptly towards the end of it
late 17th century: from Latin cretaceus (from creta 'chalk') + -ous.
Más definiciones de CretaceousDefinición de Cretaceous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.