Definición de Dantean en inglés:
Of or reminiscent of the poetry of Dante, especially in invoking his vision of hell in The Divine Comedy: he described a Dantean scene when two 30 ft monsters fought to the death
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To my knowledge, Grimus is the first and last work by Rushdie to consider Dantean transcendence as the goal of the descent to hell.
- In Farewell China, the migration process is depicted as a Dantean descent into Hell, and the journey is so harrowing that Law's message is somewhat lost.
- Like Eliot, she draws on Dantean imagery to suggest the netherworld.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An admirer or student of Dante or his writing.
- I did not ‘endorse’ Gombrowicz, I said that his essay on the Inferno would anger Danteans and was worth reading along with Beckett's ‘Dante and the Lobster’.
- Its funny how many Danteans still do not get beyond the Inferno.
- There is a great school of modern Danteans, not only critical but imaginative writers - G. K. Chesterton, T. S. Eliot, C. S. Lewis, Dorothy Sayers, and Charles Williams - who have helped us recover not only Dante's vision of God, but this existential realism.
Definición de Dantean en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan