- Relating to Delos.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is surprising that standard handbooks on Delian architecture do not discuss the Corinthian order and therefore the elements in question.
- Even though all Delian houses include one large room, an oecus maior, the dimensions of this hall far exceed the standards of private dwellings.
- Basins of different shapes, sizes, and quality have been found in various Delian contexts, e.g., in sanctuaries, houses, and agonistic establishments.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A native or inhabitant of Delos.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The response to the oracle, which is assigned to the Delians in some versions, is to build a second altar identical to the first one and set it on top of the first.
- The bulk of the work was written during the war, the hideous course of which seemed day by day to enforce the profound truth conveyed in the answer of Plato to the Delians.
- Thus at Delos a marble lintel which came from a door in the shrine of Archegetes Anios, the heros archegetes of the Delians, bears the inscription ‘It is not lawful for a xenos to enter’.
Más definiciones de DelianDefinición de Delian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.