Definición de Diptera en inglés:
1A large order of insects that comprises the two-winged or true flies, which have the hindwings reduced to form balancing organs (halteres). It includes many biting forms such as mosquitoes and tsetse flies that are vectors of disease.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse, consuming an even proportion of six orders of insects including Coleoptera, Hemiptera, Lepidoptera, Homoptera, Diptera, Hymenoptera, and Tricoptera.
- The staminate and pistillate flowers of S. mucugensis and S. curralensis were visited by insects belonging to three orders: Coleoptera, Diptera, and Hymenoptera.
- The leaf mining habit is known to have evolved only in four extant orders of insects: the Coleoptera, Diptera, Hymenoptera and Lepidoptera.
1.1 (diptera) Insects of the order Diptera; flies: many diptera bask in sunlight
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Small flowers and red petals suggest pollination by small diptera or lepidoptera, but the flowers do not appear to produce nectar.
- We hypothesize that the Drosophila Adh gene may not be orthologous with the other known Adh genes of higher diptera.
- The final species, Asclepias cucullata, is infrequently visited by Diptera, bees and other insects.
Definición de Diptera en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda