- Used to refer to a typical or hypothetical rich man: there must be rich and poor, Dives says, smacking his claretMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Dives didn't go to hell because he was rich; Dives didn't realize that his wealth was his opportunity.
- They were more likely to end up with Dives in the tormenting fires, if stories like this were true, than with Lazarus in the peace and comfort of Abraham's bosom.
- How, in the modern world, does Dives help Lazarus?
late Middle English: from late Latin, used in the Vulgate translation of the Bible (Luke 16).
Más definiciones de DivesDefinición de Dives en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.