- A tall, slender conifer with soft foliage and, in mature trees, deeply fissured bark. It is widely planted as a timber tree.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Pseudotsuga, family Pinaceae: several species
- In Washington, they are generally found in mature Ponderosa pine, Douglas fir, or mixed coniferous forests with a thick understory.
- The three worked closely together to ensure that the new landscape would harmonize with a surrounding woodland of aspens, Douglas firs, ponderosa pines, and river birches.
- Lush forests of Douglas firs, Sanqing pine trees and Chinese yew once provided a haven for the Taiping Rebellion in the mid 1800s and communist guerrillas during the 1930s.
mid 19th century: named after David Douglas (1798–1834), the Scottish botanist and explorer who introduced it to Europe from North America.
Más definiciones de Douglas firDefinición de Douglas fir en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.