(also Dupuytren's disease)
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- A condition in which there is fixed forward curvature of one or more fingers, caused by the development of a fibrous connection between the finger tendons and the skin of the palm.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These include carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, Dupuytren's contracture, frozen shoulder, spondylosis of the neck and cramp of the hand (writer's cramp).
- Skin defects in the palm are often left to heal by secondary intention after surgery for Dupuytren's disease, with excellent results.
- She was immediately attracted by the texture of his skin, and by his ‘elegant, long, aristocratic’ hands, which were later deformed by Dupuytren's disease.
late 19th century: named after Baron Guillaume Dupuytren (1777–1835), the French surgeon who first described the condition.
Más definiciones de Dupuytren's contractureDefinición de Dupuytren's contracture en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.