- 1The most important and oldest festival of the Christian Church, celebrating the resurrection of Christ and held (in the Western Church) between 21 March and 25 April, on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the northern spring equinox.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two Easters are celebrated in Lebanon (both in late March or early April) - the Greek Orthodox date, and the date for the rest of the Christian population.
- The date of the spring equinox determines the date of Easter so the church began to press for reform.
- May the peace we can all know in Christ be yours this Easter and may the feet of God always walk with you.
- 1.1The weekend from Good Friday to Easter Monday.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Eastgate promotions manager Mike Horton said: ‘This will be one of the most active Easters ever in terms of family entertainment at Eastgate.’
- We are normally fully booked for Easter and the weekends in March are also very busy.
- The leader of the remnant of the Conservatives is to climb each peak on successive days over Easter.
Old English ēastre; of Germanic origin and related to German Ostern and east; perhaps from Ēastre, the name of a goddess associated with spring.
Más definiciones de EasterDefinición de Easter en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.