- 1Relating to Egypt or its people.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He sees a growing number of veiled women on Cairo streets as a sign that Egyptian society is turning more religious.
- An Egyptian sailor died in Brazil while unwittingly transporting an anthrax-laden suitcase from the Middle East.
- It may be that leaving the Egyptian government to fend for itself could lead to a worse government in its place.
- 1.1Relating to the culture or language of ancient Egypt: an Egyptian obeliskMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Coptic, a late form of ancient Egyptian language, was the common speech of Egypt and was used by the Coptic church in its liturgy.
- In its attempt to inform the public of ancient Egyptian culture, the Field Museum fails to paint a complete and informative picture.
- The reign of the pharaoh Amenhotep III marks the zenith of ancient Egyptian civilisation, both in terms of political power and cultural achievement.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1A native of ancient or modern Egypt, or a person of Egyptian descent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What help was there for ancient Egyptians when they were still alive?
- The ancient Greeks, Egyptians and Chinese regularly used magnets in healing.
- The ancient Egyptians had the cross as a religious symbol of their Gods.
- 2 [mass noun] The Afro-Asiatic language used in ancient Egypt, attested from circa 3000 bc. It is represented in its oldest stages by hieroglyphic inscriptions and in its latest form by Coptic; it has been replaced in modern use by Arabic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The name sesame is one of the few words to have passed into modern languages from ancient Egyptian, in which it was sesemt.
- Hieroglyphs were phonetic and the underlying language was Egyptian.
- She taught Classical Languages (including Egyptian, Ancient Greek and Latin) at a Waldorf School for six years.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Effectively, it seems, the pyramid served both as a gigantic training project and - deliberately or not - as a source of ‘Egyptianisation’.
- After this success, he set about the ‘Egyptianisation’ of his country.
- This Egyptianization of the Greek monarchy was only superficial.
Egyptianize (also Egyptianise)
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two small gold pendants from Ugarit made of sheet gold with incised imagery show highly Egyptianized females in long robes seated on high-backed chairs.
- One remarkable head, probably but not certainly Cleopatra, depicts a woman in Egyptianized pose and regalia, but in marble rather than the stones employed in native sculpture, and is executed in a purely Greek sculptural style.
- Excavation of the Greek settlement at Naukratis, the first autonomous foreign settlement permitted in Egypt under pharaonic rule, yielded a series of sixth-century B.C.E. Greek votive images created in an Egyptianizing style.
Más definiciones de EgyptianDefinición de Egyptian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.